Let us congratulate you on getting your first pair of contact lenses! Like most people, you may too spend the early few days marveling at small visual details that you never noticed before. Maybe like the dew on the grass or small specks of color on bright green leaves.
It can be an exciting yet a little scary time for you as contact lenses are high-technical devices, and your vision is one of the most valued senses. Thus, it is essential to make good choices so that you stay comfortable, happy, and safe.
However, before you purchase lenses, you should compare the contact lenses prices of many to choose the most suitable one. Similarly, you should also know which type of lens is required for you. Plus, it will be wise to get a consultation from your eye doctor before you buy any.
Types of Lenses
- Soft Lens
These contact lenses are thin and pliable. Such contact lenses are made from gel-like water-containing plastics called hydrogels.
- Silicone Hydrogel Lenses
Made with a particular type of soft contact lens material, it allows more oxygen to pass through the lens.
- Gas Permeable Lenses
Known as both GP or RGP lenses, they are rigid contact lenses. Used to correct astigmatism, they are made of highly oxygen-permeable materials. Many brands offer these contact lenses. It will be helpful to compare the different contact lenses price before you choose.
- Hybrid Contact Lenses
The central zone of such lenses has a rigid gas permeable, surrounded by a skirt of hydrogel or silicone hydrogel material. It is designed to provide wearing comfort that rivals soft or silicone hydrogel lenses.
You can compare each of the contact lenses price to opt for the right pair of lenses.
Apart from the contact lenses price, you should also consider the wearing time when you are purchasing lenses.
- Daily Wear: These contact lenses can be worn daily and need to be removed nightly before sleep. It can be weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly wear contact lenses.
- Daily Disposable: You should discard these lenses after a day’s use.
Contact Lens Tips
- Wearing Contact Lenses the Right Way
Sometimes, especially early on, it is difficult to tell if the lenses have flipped inside out. The trick is to place the lenses on your finger so that a cup is formed. You can then hold the lens up directly in front of your eyes to look at the side of the cup.
Ensure that the lens forms a ‘U’ without the top edges flared out. And if you are wearing the lenses with a handling tint, make sure that the tinted lens’s edge should look the color of the tint. Following this way, you can make sure that you are not wearing inverted lenses.
- Applying Contact Lenses
It is vital to wash your hands completely before applying your contact lenses. It would help if you avoided soaps that are scented and moisturizing lotions that can adhere to your lenses. Plus, always begin with the same eye to avoid mixing up which lens goes on which eye.
The necessary guidelines for contact lenses application include:
- Shake the lens case containing the storage solution gently. In this manner, you can loosen the contact lenses if they are stuck.
- Carefully slide the lens out of its case and into the palm of your hand. Then, rinse thoroughly with the appropriate contact lens solution.
- Then place the lens on the tip of your index finger, which should be dry.
- Finally, position the lens on your eye while looking upward or forward, whichever you find to be more comfortable. Then close your eye and roll it in a complete circle to help the lens settle and then blink.
Knowing these factors is vital before you compare contact lenses price and make your pick. Then, to find more options, you can visit reputable platforms like Titan Eyeplus. They have a range of lenses that suit individual needs. Another bonus point is that their after-sales service will ensure that you have the best buying experience.