What Is The Cost Of A Hair Transplant?
If you are a person who is thinking for hair transplant but are scared of doing. You have come to the perfect article, in this article we will tell you whether hair transplant has complications or not. By the end of this article, you will get all the answers to the questions striking in your mind. Have a look to know about hair transplant.
There are plenty of products in the market that promise you natural hair growth. But out of them, only 5% of products are effective. One of the ways, to get full and natural hair growth is getting your hair transplanted.
Is there any complication after hair transplantation?
- Recently, hair transplantation methods are frequently used by people. Because these are the methods, that help you in curing your baldness. Hair transplantation has a very low complication rate and is not painful if treated properly.
- If proper attention, is not given after hair transplant then it can cause complications to the patient.
- Some of the common complications include pain, edema, asymmetry, bleeding, visible scarring, folliculitis and etc. These are the complications that are not good for hair harmony and you.
- There are some less common postoperative complications also. The postoperative complications include Hypertrophic scarring, Keloid, Arteriovenous fistula, Infection, Cobblestonning, Syncope, Pigment alert ration, etc.
Now, we will discuss these complications in detail.
- Postoperative pain occurs in most of the patients after hair transplant surgery. If no proper attention is given after surgery, the pain can increase.
- The pain occurs usually after a FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) surgery because in this surgery a strip of scalp is taken for hair transplant. The pain is caused because of the transection of peripheral nerves during the harvesting.
- To cure this problem out, you need proper rest and medications. You have to take an intraoperative analgesic injection and post-operative inflammatory drugs. This will help with pain reduction.
- Postoperative is edema is another main complication after hair transplant.
- Edema can be developed due to trauma and tumescent anesthesia during the processing. Tissue edema begins at the time of surgery but is evident after 3-5 days, when it descends over the forehead.
- Occasionally the edematous fluid travels into preorbital tissues and causes preorbital ecchymosis. In some cases, the patient can’t open their eyes which is very harmful to them.
- To prevent edema proper medications are needed. The use of massage, cold pack, systematic steroids, an NSAID can reduce pain.
- The scalp is having an abundant blood supply. Therefore, after surgery, the patient can face bleeding also. This is a problem that usually occurs after a patient leaves the clinic.
- Bleeding can be easily cured by applying pressure for 15 minutes with clean gauze. It is very much effective in reducing the risk of hemorrhage.
- Proper medicines should also be taken by the patient after surgery.
- Visible Scarring is also a serious complication that can occur to a patient after surgery. If proper attention is not given, visible scaring can take place.
- Visible scarring is mainly caused by the donor area. A hair transplant with FUT can leave a linear scar to the donor region. Whereas in FUE visible scarring may occur due to frequent abreast entrance of punch.
- Visible scarring can be treated by visible scar revision and micro-pigmentations. Proper medicines should be taken by the patient to cure visible scaring.
- This is the other complication that can cause if proper attention is not given to hairs after hair transplant. This is a term that is used to describe hair follicle inflammation in response to infection, injury or chemical exposure.
- If folliculitis begins, hair growth is probable for 2-3 months. In such cases, the patient needs proper after-care.
- Warm compresses for 15 minutes three times a day and topical antibiotic ointment such as mupirocin can cure this problem out.
Take proper care of yourself as because complications are not good for hair harmony and you.
What is the cost of a hair transplant?
The cost of hair transplant is highly variable and can range from $4000 to $15000. These costs are usually out of pockets. Therefore, there are so many insurance companies that consider this process a cosmetic procedure.
Hence, the costs of hair transplant depending on the following factors. Have a look at these factors.
- Where you live: The cost of surgery depends on the area you live in. This is one of the most important factors that affect the costing.
- Type of procedure: Both FUT and FUE are having a different cost. So, the costing is also affected by different types of procedures.
- The skill of surgeon: This is the common correlation. The cost of the surgery also depends on the skill of your surgeon. These are the factors due to which costing is affected.
Always keep in mind, that when it comes to initial treatments, many clinics offer financing plans. So, always go for such kind of clinic.