Amla or Phyllanthus emblica or Indian gooseberry is a nutritious sour-tasting small, round, green fruit that contains antioxidants and micronutrients that are highly beneficial for human health. Amla can be consumed in any form as they are equally beneficial for your body.
The antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients found in these berries can offer several health benefits. The fruit is one of the best sources of vitamin C that can help our body to recover from illness. The berries also contain several flavonols and chemicals that have been linked to improve memory and more.
Amla berries are excellent source of vitamins and minerals that include:
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin A
Here are some mind blowing benefits of using amla:
- The vitamin C and antioxidants present in amla makes it one of the best fruit/supplements that can help to boost your immune system. Infact, most of the immune boosting supplements that can help to protect your body from coronavirus also contain extracts of amla.
- Amla consumption can help to keep your good cholesterol at optimum levels and help to reduce the bad cholesterol levels. This makes amla one of the best fruits that can help keep your heart healthy.
- Amla can be used for weight management as well. It can help to accelerate metabolism rate, improve protein synthesis and reduce fat deposits in the body.
- Amla fruit contains good amounts of fiber, which helps to relieve stomach heaviness and gases. One can consume amla on a regular basis to improve their digestion and reduce constipation.
- Amla has rich anti-inflammatory properties, which makes it ideal for reduction of arthritis pain, osteoporosis and joint pain.
- Amla aids in healthy metabolism and therefore, it also helps in maintaining proper blood glucose levels in the body. Amla also reduces oxidative stress and can protect the pancreatic cells from oxidative damage and supports release of insulin that can prevent post-meal sugar spikes.
- The astringent power of amla makes it an excellent tonic for your skin. It can help to remove impurities, cleanse deeply and purify your skin, thus providing luminosity to your face.
- Amla oils or supplements act as a powerful hair regenerator. Regular usage of amla can stimulate the roots, strengthen your hair and favour hair growth by stimulating the hair follicles.
- Amla also helps slow down your hair fall, improve texture, prevent split ends, combat premature greying, provide conditioning effect and shine to your hair.
To buy amla supplements you can check out a nearby retail store that offers health supplements or you can simply browse the ecommerce websites like HealthKart, Amazon, FlipKart, etc. No need to worry about the amla powder price as you can get amla products at pocket friendly prices from these online stores.
Top brands for buying amla supplements;
- GAIA Amla
- Healthvit Amda Amla powder (250mg)
- Morpheme Remedies Amla (500 mg)
- Shivalik Herbals Amla- Emblica Officinalis
- Herballyfe Amla Extract 800mg
- Upakarma Ayurveda Amla Drops
- Biotrex Amla (500 mg)
- Herbal Hills Amla Powder
- Natures Velvet Amla Pure Extract (500 mg)
- NutraFirst Amla
- Healthvit Bhumiamla 200 mg
- Billion Cheers Amla Extract
- Nutriosys Amla (500 mg)
Side effects of consuming excessive amounts of amla supplements:
- Stomach cramps